Thoughts on Aging Gracefully….
- In time of war, it’s easy to get overly serious. As I believe that the greatest things are done with a light heart, I’m passing along the following from a stream of email jokes sent to me by friends.
- Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
- The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
- Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know “why” I look this way. I’ve traveled a long way and some of the roads weren’t paved.
- You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
- When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.
- I don’t know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
- Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
- Old age is when former classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald, they don’t recognize you.
- If you don’t learn to laugh at trouble, you won’t have anything to laugh at when you are old.
- Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft…………… Today, it’s called golf.
Also from the email jokes, these seen on bumper stickers:
- As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools
- REHAB is for quitters
- I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
- Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.
- If you don’t like the news, go out and make some.
- I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
- I don’t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
- Time is the best teacher; Unfortunately it kills all its students!
- It’s lonely at the top, but you eat better.
- Forget about World Peace…..Visualize Using Your Turn Signal!
- Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.
- Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
- Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.
- Be nice to your kids. They’ll choose your nursing home.
- Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.
- Always remember you’re unique, just like everyone else.
- Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder…
- Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
- Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.
Time to Refinance?
Mortgage interest rates reached their lowest point in almost 50 years over the past few weeks. If you have a mortgage and were thinking of refinancing to reduce your payments you might want to consider doing so now. We never know for sure if rates will go lower, but there is now much more room for rates to go up than down.
The stock market is said to climb a wall of worry, and it seems to be doing just that. Did you know that despite all the war worries, almost all segments of the stock market are higher than they were six months ago?